Custom Search

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Say Cheese!


I've been wanting to share this picture for a while. It is the last photo Matt and I ever took together. Evelyn took the picture. And it makes me laugh every time I see it. Matt rarely passed up an opportunity to make people smile. He seemed to always be goofing around. He had a carefree attitude about life that I can feel already slipping away from me. I wish I had the courage to live a little more on the carefree side. There were times when he took it too far, but isn't there things we all do that we take too far? This trait made him fun to be around; in the beginning it made him exciting to be around. I wanted to be able to hold on to it more than I am, but the truth of the matter is I need to care. With two kids, and a sole mortgage, and a house to clean, and money to make, and a job to hold, and mouths to feed, and a dog to clean up after. . .well carelessness is a luxury I literally can't afford. I hope it will be in pictures like these I will be reminded what it is like to be around someone so easy going, and through that I will be able to hold on to his spirit.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I know the feeling of wanting to be carefree and just not being able to. I'm really struggling this week/month with even the lack of opportunities to be carefee. I hope that this photo continues to bring you lots of good memories.

Jill S said...

What a great picture! I think of you often. Keep your chin up, girl. You can do this and eventually it will get easier. Take care!